Summer Reading 2018: Top 6 Blogs on Supply Chain Analytics
Want to avoid summer stagnation? To help you stay informed during the summer months and close the year with impact, we prepared a list of our most popular content for your reading and viewing pleasure. The list includes trending blog posts, our latest webinar and a brand-new Buyer’s Guide for S&OP. Read on to get all the goodies.
Best of our blog
- Is it time to finally retire your spreadsheets? Spreadsheets still dominate in supply chain planning, but as this blog by Chris Gordon tells us, that may not be for long. Spreadsheets are familiar, inexpensive and convenient. But they pose serious setbacks for organizations. It may be time to consider more robust solutions that facilitate collaboration.
- 3 things supply chain leaders can do to leverage talent for the digital supply chain – The talent shortage in supply chain is real. CSCMP estimates that as many as 3.5 million positions may go unfilled by 2020. Read this blog to find out how you can prepare your supply chain organization.
- No chicken, no gravy, no customers – KFC’s planning woes are entirely preventable – KFC was in the news earlier this year due to a chicken shortage that brought stores in the UK to a close. Could this have been prevented by using Prescriptive Analytics?
- Optimizing the food industry: a conversation with UniSoma’s Luis Pinto – Our partners UniSoma and CAT Squared are showcasing a new optimization solution for food companies at VIV Europe (taking place June 20-22, 2018 in Utrecht). Read about it on the blog.
- Why you don’t need perfect data to start implementing S&OP – To truly improve business performance and predictability with S&OP, you need to embark on a change management process and you need the right technology to self-enable your team. Often, teams think they also need plenty of clean and accurate data to do it right. But starting small can pay off, as we learned from Boon Edam’s Aron Waas.
- From import tariffs to the next tsunami: how Prescriptive Analytics can help you build agility and resilience into your Supply Chain Network – New import tariffs being introduced across the globe, extreme weather events, Brexit… The list of disruptions goes on and on. Find out how you can build resilience in your supply chain network in the face of change.
New webinar on demand
Taking S&OP to the next level with supply chain analytics – watch this webinar to find out how you can enrich your S&OP process with advanced analytics and get a demo of AIMMS S&OP Navigator.
Buyer’s Guide for S&OP Software – a new favorite, this Buyer’s Guide covers the benefits of real-time analytics for S&OP and offers a checklist of things to consider when choosing a vendor.