Choosing a supply chain software vendor can be a long and tedious process. You need to make sure the software has the right capabilities, that you have the right people on board to truly leverage it and that it will support and not hinder your processes. Supply Chain Media publishes a yearly IT Subway Map to help business leaders in their decision making process. We are pleased to announce that we’ve been featured once more in the report. This is the fourth time AIMMS is named in the IT Subway Map. This time, we have been allocated five different subway lines, or software categories.
Mapping European Supply Chain Software
The IT Software Map reflects the diversity of supply chain software types. Companies are allocated positions on the map based on the number of implementations and the share of revenue for each software type in Europe. The age and size of the company also plays a role in the selection process.
With the Subway Map, business leaders can navigate a wide array of vendors available in the market for the most sought after solution types. Supply Chain Media’s Martijn Lofvers explains: “The purpose of the IT Subway Map is to provide a wide overview of the supply chain software market in Europe. We know that users think in solutions, but we don’t want to put vendors in a box, as we recognize that some software types are very versatile. That’s why a single vendor can have multiple stops on the map.”
AIMMS in the IT Subway Map
AIMMS can be applied in several areas of the supply chain. We are featured under five different software lines:
- Business Intelligence (BI) & Business Analytics (BA): As defined by Supply Chain Media, BI/BA are “a set of theories, methodologies, processes and technologies that transform raw data into meaningful and useful information for business purposes [to] gain insight and drive business planning.” AIMMS is a Prescriptive Analytics technology. Prescriptive Analytics is a type of Advanced Analytics that offers you a way to get recommended actions during a decision making process using optimization modeling.
- Supply Chain Network Design: Network analysis and design is used to select the right number, location, territory, and size of warehouses, plants, and production lines; and optimize the flow of all products through your supply chain. Companies that use AIMMS for Supply Chain Network Design and Optimization include TNT Express and a leading U.S. Food Manufacturer.
- Inventory Optimization: Supply Chain Media defines Inventory Optimization as “a method of balancing capital investment constraints or objectives and service-level goals over a large assortment of stock-keeping units (SKUs) while taking demand and supply volatility into account.” Watch a demo to see an AIMMS-based Inventory Optimization App in action.
- Production Planning & Scheduling: is the “management and allocation of resources, events and processes to manufacture goods based on finite capacity and with the usage of heuristic solvers for optimization.” AIMMS manages complex production with multi-dimensional data modeling tools that can quickly and effectively produce scheduling solutions that your existing planners can implement. Companies that use our technology for this purpose include Nampak and Graboplast.
- Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP): A successful S&OP process incorporates demand planning and forecasting, supply planning, and new product introductions, enabling management to make integrated decisions that are beneficial for the business. Every company has different business drivers and requirements for S&OP. That’s why industry leaders like Liberty Global work with a flexible and agile technology like AIMMS to support this process.
Martijn Lofvers states: “The number of subway stations AIMMS is mentioned in reflects that AIMMS‘ technology is quite flexible. We recognize the variety of vendor specialties. That’s what makes our Map different that a Gartner Magic Quadrant – for instance. You can see the many different business cases you can apply a given software product to.”
Visit www.itsubwaymap.com to learn more.