2015 was a very exciting year for AIMMS. We welcomed many new customers, resulting in a 40% increase in revenue growth. We also grew as a team and have expanded to a new office in The Netherlands. I’m happy to say that 2016 looks even more promising! We are witnessing a growing interest in prescriptive analytics across a wide variety of industries. The use of AIMMS PRO specifically is increasing, as companies are realizing the huge benefits of providing their staff with decision support tools. In this blog post, I will share some exciting new use cases, a quick glimpse of our product and customer service goals, and a short update about AIMMS partnerships.
PRO use cases, the latest and greatest
Last year, we sold 2.5 more times the number of AIMMS PRO Platforms in comparison to 2014. New and existing clients have started leveraging AIMMS PRO to generate business value in their organization. Some of the reasons driving PRO adoption among customers include:
- The ability to make changes to the model centrally and instantly distribute to business users
- Easy collaboration
- A Great UI for end users combined with a powerful modeling engine
Some of these customers include:
- General Motors – The biggest car plant of GM worldwide (located in Spain), will use AIMMS to monitor all inbound part movements and suggest and optimize the best alternatives in cases where parts are not meeting scheduled production sequences.
- MedWeb – A longtime customer that offers an online rostering tool has decided to move to AIMMS PRO. Their solution, called MedSpace, is used by more than 50 clinics to improve care and workforce scheduling.
- Air Liquide – Air Liquide, the world leader in gases for industry, health and the environment, successfully implemented AIMMS technology in 2013 for closed-loop real time optimization purposes following an extensive research and development phase. Recently, the company decided to purchase AIMMS PRO to roll out enterprise-wide applications and improve production output across reliable operations.
- K3Delta – Last month, K3Delta agreed to become a customer. The Dutch inland shipping company will use AIMMS to improve how they match the demand and supply of inland shipping.
Product and customer commitment
On the Product side, we released 25 new AIMMS versions and 14 new PRO updates last year. Just a couple of days ago, we also launched AIMMS PRO for Linux. Our ambition is to increase our development speed for product improvements this year. Some of our goals for 2016 include:
- Extending our new user interface builder for user interfaces in the browser, including mobile devices (WebUI)
- Releasing our new Collaborative Data Management solution
- Improving the performance of our execution engine
In addition, we continue to embrace a company-wide focus on lasting customer success and are pleased to report that over 90% of customers rated our service as good/excellent last year.
Strengthening our partnerships
We welcomed 2 new partners in 2016, Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and Booz Allen Hamilton. We are collaborating with BCG on software development, marketing, sales and the implementation of our technology platform in order to strengthen our mutual position in the market for strategic consulting and advanced analytic services. Our partnership with Booz Allen kicked off with a successful Hackathon at last year’s INFORMS Annual Meeting in Philadelphia. We will continue working with them to expand the use of optimization methods and analytics among Booz Allen consultants and clients and foster the development of technical advancements in the analytics field.
We also honored Districon with the first ever Partner of the year Award. This is a yearly tradition we hope to continue as we recognize the hard work of our partners and their contribution to our company’s success.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me at anytime.